Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:26:34 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Somorost 2 freeze at "Majak" [on Linux]  (Read 25340 times)
Croconux
little rusty robot

« on: May 13, 2010, 02:31:52 pm »

Hi everyone,

I just got Samorost 2 through the humble indie bundle and I couldn't help but to keep playing it until the end.
I am currently stuck by a freeze in "majak" level. After the captain is awake and the taxi fueled when I ring the bell to make the captain come aboard, he stands up heads for the boat and the game freezes. The CPU goes up (Flash is using 100% of one core) and I cannot do anything but to kill the process. Does anyone experienced the same thing ? Could it be due by a particular version of flash or something ?

Here is my setup
Debian Linux testing (64 bits)
Firefox 3.5.9
Flash 10.0r32

Thanks for your help

Moderator comment:  This topic was originally started in the Machinarium on Linux board back in 2010 but has now been moved here to the Samorost 1&2 board.  Anyone with a solution to the 'freeze' problem is encouraged to post a follow up here.  ~Alex

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:57:35 am by Alex » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 04:32:37 pm »

Try Searching the forum for "Debian" for similar glitches.  Or, better still, look through Nicosmos' Linux FAQ.  (I think you may have to install a 32-bits compatibility package)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:48:47 am by Alex » Logged
e3k
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:52:46 am »

same issue did try chromium9 and firefox

did also install this flash adobe-flash-10.2.161.23_pre20101117 but did not change anything...
zcal
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:18:47 pm »

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but the problem does not appear to have been solved and I am experiencing the exact same thing.  The browser continues to run normally after the game freezes.  I'm using Arch Linux with 64 bit Flash 11.2.202.418.  The game has run just fine up until this point.

--edit--
Also just noticed that this thread lives in the Machinarium on Linux portion of the forum.  Perhaps a mod should move it to Samorost 1 and Samorost 2?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:21:07 pm by zcal » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 06:50:51 pm »

Quote from: zcal
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but the problem does not appear to have been solved and I am experiencing the exact same thing.  The browser continues to run normally after the game freezes.  I'm using Arch Linux with 64 bit Flash 11.2.202.418.  The game has run just fine up until this point.

--edit--
Also just noticed that this thread lives in the Machinarium on Linux portion of the forum.  Perhaps a mod should move it to Samorost 1 and Samorost 2?

First off, thanks for pointing out how this Samorost2 specific question was left in the Machinarium on Linux board.

Re: your freeze, have you tried the advice that ABoretz suggested regarding the use of a 32-bit compatibility package?  I know bupkis about Linux, but I DO know that Samorost2 was originally built on 32 bit system software.  Perhaps that's what will be needed on your end... ?  

Lastly, neither Croconux nor e3k ever wrote back to let us know if they ever solved their freezes.  Please DO follow up when you find a solution to your problem.  It would be much appreciated if you could.  ~A

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:23:25 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: