Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:41:47 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium doesn't work properly [Windows 7 specific advice]  (Read 52727 times)
Phil
little robot

« on: December 17, 2010, 10:04:07 pm »

I've just bought the full version.  I'm using Windows 7 x64.  I've updated to Flash player 10.1.  I have latest drivers for video card, screen, windows updates, etc.

When I run the game, if "Enable hardware acceleration" is checked in Flash settings, the game displays correctly, but the mouse pointer position is incorrect.  That is, to click on something, I have to put the pointer below and to the right of the position I want to click.

If "Enable hardware acceleration" in Flash settings is unchecked, as recommended, then the problem just described disappears.  But now I cannot see the whole of the Machinarium display!  The game display seems to be larger than my desktop so the bottom and right of the display is not visible.  I have tried various screen resolutions up to 1920x1080, but it makes no difference.

I tried installing the patch.  This didn't help either.

Thanks for any advice.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:49:00 pm by Alex » Logged
Phil
little robot

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:36:42 pm »

Update: The game works perfectly on my Win Vista x86 computer.  With or without hardware acceleration enabled.

But I still want to get it working on the Win 7 x64 machine. Any ideas?  It might help if I could turn fullscreen mode off.  Is there a keyboard shortcut or something to switch between fullscreen and window mode?
Phil
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:34:18 am »

Good news - after two hours of frustration trying a hundred different things, I have finally solved my problem.

The problem is the Windows 7 font size.  If I  set it to "Smaller (100%) default" (Control Panel/Display) AND disable Flash hardware acceleration, the game scales correctly to my screen area and works properly.  With font size set at "Larger (150%)", it doesn't work.

ATTENTION AMANITA - in the installation advice where you tell people to disable hardware acceleration, please also add to set Windows font size to 100% too.  This will avoid other people wasting an evening like I did.
RainingTip
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:11:58 pm »

Great job solving the problem Wink
PNG_pyro
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 05:13:32 pm »

I was able to fix this on one of my friends computers. If you right click on the icon, and go to compatibility options (may be under properties? Don't remeber now...I don't use win7 regularly) there's a box labeled 'Disable display scaling for large monitors' that fixed it.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 09:06:45 pm »

Quote from: Phil
ATTENTION AMANITA - in the installation advice where you tell people to disable hardware acceleration, please also add to set Windows font size to 100% too.  This will avoid other people wasting an evening like I did.

Thanks for the info Phil!  I'm not on Amanita's staff but, speaking as a mod, I wouldn't call your efforts "wasted".  Your 'font size at 100% requirement in Windows 7' discovery will definitely help others out one day!   Wink 

fortion
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 07:08:54 pm »

I also had some problem in beginning but then i try to run as administrator and all works fine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: