Samorost 2 paid version broken

<< < (2/3) > >>

a.barbini:
Hi all,
I am experiencing the very same issue, and I will try to explain it further.

But before that, let me just congratulate with you guys for the amazing quality of Machinarium. Bought yesterday and already finished it, just couldn't stop! :)
Amazing quality, and great point and click adventure.

Now, going back to the issue.
On the wave of excitement generated by Machinarium, I decided to buy the full version of Samorost 2.
I downloaded the Mac version, copied the app in my Application folder and started playing the game.
After I while I took note of the code for the accomplished level, quit the game, and went out.
When I got back, I re-launched the game, put the code in, and got stuck.
I'm currently at the "Planina" level, and if I click on the dog underneath the parachute, it doesn't come out as it supposed to do.
At first I thought of a Safari issue. So I tried it in Firefox, same issue.
So I thought of reinstalling the app from the dmg, same issue.
I also tried loading a previous level, same issue: I am not able to go on in the loaded level.
I have also tried to restart the game from the beginning, but soon after you press "play" the screen goes black instead of loading the first level.

Honestly, it's not for the

Lamkin:
I'd downloaded the Mac version of the game several months ago and I hadn't received an .app file, which is to say that one didn't exist back then. So, perhaps Amanita has uploaded a newer version since that time which is somehow corrupted?
Also, I'm running Tiger and nemoDreamer (obviously) is running Leopard, but I seriously doubt that's an issue.
I feel tempted to have the two of you e-mail me so I can send both of you the files I have to see whether or not those would work, but I'm not sure if that would be frowned upon.
=o(
=o)

Neil:
I bought Samorost 2 a while ago and don't have the .app file, any way I can get it?

nemoDreamer:
yes, i think they lowered the price, and packaged it into an .app

i've just finished Machinarium, and have a hole that desperately needs to be filled with Samorost 2! :)
but Amanita are probably pretty busy with launch fever right now, so i guess we'll heve to wait...

yeah, Lamkin, sending around files gives me an uneasy feeling. don't want to get on the wrong side of the poison mushroom while i need a problem solved :D

could this be Snow Leopard's fault?
i'm going to move the files inside the .app to somewhere outside, to replicate your conditions...

nemoDreamer:
UPDATE:

i downloaded the latest flash stand-alone (http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html), and also played around with Adobe's "LocalContentUpdater" (didn't do what i expected it to).
this all didn't solve the problem.

then, i moved the contents of "Samorost 2.app > Contents > Resources > html" to a new folder on my desktop, and that works fine! both the .html (browser plug-in) and .swf (stand-alone) work. no problem w/ level loading and the dog comes out from under the parachute :D

so basically, the SOLUTION:

if you're having trouble with the mac app, "right-click it > Show Package Contents" then copy the contents of "html" into a folder outside the .app
i now have a good old working "Samorost 2" folder in my "Applications/Games", instead of the fancy but broken .app :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page