Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:17:17 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Floex's first album (Pocustone) now out on vinyl!  (Read 14258 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« on: June 05, 2013, 12:20:19 am »

This just in from Dan Dudarec at Minority Records

Hello,

Yes, it took a long time, yet worth the wait for. In 2001 after more than two years of busy work on a proper debut long play Tomáš Dvořák aka Floex could take a rest - the Pocustone album was finally out.

Pocustone goes on a kind of risky journey bridging relatively isolated islands such as electronica, jazz or modern contemporary music. This may stand as quite a wild scheme yet this combination works and comunicates to a listener. An unusual sound results in a very delicate instrumentation combining digital technology with the charm of wood instruments. A weird clarinet album or semi-acoustic downtempo? Floex explains:

"Electronic doesn´t mean to me just an instrumental, sonic aspect - it is foremost about the aproach of an artist. The way I work and think of wood instruments proceeds in a sort of electronic concept. As for the clarinet - I played it through my childhood so this is quite a natural return to it. There is also some kid stuff like the chime, harmonica or wooden blocks which I found at my cottage-loft last summer."

We should also mention guest artists appearing on the album - vocalist Ridina Ahmed, Petr Tichý on double bass, flutist Pavla Palánová and Radek Bureš playing drums. The songs have been rising at Floex's home Mush Room studio for almost three years and Floex is also the author of the album cover artwork.

This way of artistic expression may seem to be a bit complicated. The artist admits that music can reveal of its maker more than originally intended:

"People say that I cannot work the things simply and quickly which the both is and is not a pivotal problem of my production. I try to go deep, I am fascinated by ambiguity reached by the most elementary tools. Progression in the way of using minimalistic facility - this is what I am interested in. Basically my music is a sort of folder which makes a sense only as a whole. I am not a headstrong-type, I prefer progression, development, I like to take people by surprise."

It was pretty clear twelve years ago with the first issue and it is evident even now when the album is being reissued: this is a timeless music piece that will never sink into oblivion with another hype.

Pocustone got finally reissued by Quazi Delict Records and is available on CD again now while LP version, both on black and clear vinyl can be pre-ordered and will be shipped to you on June 21st.

Feel free to place your orders here. Thank you!

Link to Floex Facebook announcement

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:41:36 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: