Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:14 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diffusing bomb on iPad  (Read 37081 times)
milandroid
little robot

« on: March 18, 2014, 08:36:30 am »

In the room where there is a vacuum, I'm supposed to pull down the switch four times. Just to repost a comment I made in Machinarium for iPad2 Issues http://amanita-design.net/blog/2011/09/10/machinarium-for-ipad2-issues/

I believe to pull the switch down 4 times means to do it consecutively without stopping. On PC we just use the mouse to drag the switch up and down 4 times. But on iPad, the only way to make the switch move is by tapping at it. And each time I tapped on it, the robot only moves the switch once and then stand by. I try to tap on the switch with very high frequency. But the robot would only do once -> standby -> do once -> standby, never continuously.

I hope the team pay attention to us. I love this game and I’ve come so far. Please fix it and let us rescue Joseph’s girlfriend and they will live happily together ever after. Thank you.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 06:06:01 pm »

I believe to pull the switch down 4 times means to do it consecutively without stopping. On PC we just use the mouse to drag the switch up and down 4 times. But on iPad, the only way to make the switch move is by tapping at it. And each time I tapped on it, the robot only moves the switch once and then stand by. I try to tap on the switch with very high frequency. But the robot would only do once -> standby -> do once -> standby, never continuously.

But even on the PC version, you can't pull the switch down continuously without stopping; you have to wait a little bit first...not quite to where the vacuum stops, I agree, but I'm finding that you do have to wait a couple seconds before being able to pull the lever again.
On the iPad, yes, you have to wait until the vacuum fully stops first before you can pull the handle again. But still, the time difference between the two versions is, IMHO, negligible.
milandroid
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 07:09:30 pm »

Ah, I got it. The problem was I didn't turn the electricity on. Therefore no matter how many times I pull the switch the vacuum just won't budge. I thought it was a bug. Sorry my bad. And thanks a lot!
mc123
little robot

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:46:19 am »

Ah, I got it. The problem was I didn't turn the electricity on. Therefore no matter how many times I pull the switch the vacuum just won't budge. I thought it was a bug. Sorry my bad. And thanks a lot!
I'm having the same problem but I can't figure out how to turn on the electricity... how'd you do it?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 04:50:22 am »

I'm having the same problem but I can't figure out how to turn on the electricity... how'd you do it?

The switch is by the bathroom door.

mc123
little robot

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 05:17:16 am »

I've tried but he just walks into the bathroom, ugh!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 05:50:57 am »

Walk toward the bathroom then STOP in front of the switch...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: