Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:05:03 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Fed all the blue crystals, now I'm stuck  (Read 79907 times)
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »

No worries about the attachment. :)

I don't think that the game went through any upgrade, it was purchased just last week.

Ack. :( Well, hopefully a reinstall fixes the problem.
Yanez
little robot

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 05:30:15 pm »

Hello,
Just FYI I have performed a reinstall of the game (meaning that you would lose all the save games and restart from the beginning).

I have been able to complete the game without further issues.

Great game but - as per all the great games - it is a bit short.

Thank you for the prompt support and keep up the good work!
phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 10:22:42 am »

Same issue here.
Just bought the latest version one week ago.

Seriously, I hope you are going to fix it definitively, because I can't afford to restart all the game just for that.
I already had an issue with Machinarium where all my saved games suddenly disappeared, so I am fed up.

You make great games, do not waste it with such blocking bugs.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 05:47:50 am »

Same issue here.
Just bought the latest version one week ago.

Did you try the established solution du jour of reinstalling the game?

phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 07:39:54 pm »

Did you try the established solution du jour of reinstalling the game?

Not yet, because, unless I am missing something, it means restarting the game from scratch right after... which I obviously don't want.
Why Amanita would not fix this bug ?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 03:59:02 am »

Quote from: phocean
Why Amanita would not fix this bug ?

There is no bug here my friend.  Sorry phocean, but as far as I know the current version of Botanicula for The iPad is bug free; so the blame has to fall on a corrupted download.

The main advice we always give on this forum to both iPad and Android users when their games become unplayable is always, "try re-downloading the game".  That always seems to fix the problem.

But, yes, it sucks that you will lose your saved games if you decide to reinstall Botanicula.  I just hope you will vote to continue playing... because I can't think of a single good reason why you should not.  A~)

phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 03:32:36 pm »

There is no bug here my friend.  Sorry phocean, but as far as I know the current version of Botanicula for The iPad is bug free; so the blame has to fall on a corrupted download.

No insult, but as my job is in big part hunting for bugs in software, it made me laugh. There is no such a thing as bug free software, and it is at least very adventurous to pretend the contrary.

Quote from: Alex
The main advice we always give on this forum to both iPad and Android users when their games become unplayable is always, "try re-downloading the game".  That always seems to fix the problem.

Which does not mean it is a downloading issue. Rather, a corrupted archive would lead to unpredictable behavior (and possibly a crash), and not to a functional issue (win condition) that affected several users at the exact same place. It may have just worked the second time because the environment was different (different game, different ways) and the particular conditions causing the bug were not triggered.

But, yes, it sucks that you will lose your saved games if you decide to reinstall Botanicula.  I just hope you will vote to continue playing... because I can't think of a single good reason why you should not.  A~)

Because I neither have the time, nor the will to restart all. It is a very good game, but not enough to me so I feel to do it a second time.
On the other hand, it is very frustrating to be blocked here, after investing time and money on it.

Really, a developer should look at it. It is a matter of professionalism and respect against customers and future victims of this bug. I am sure the good guys at Amanita would agree.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:34:31 pm by phocean » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 06:34:54 pm »

Quote from: phocean
There is no bug here my friend.  Sorry phocean, but as far as I know the current version of Botanicula for The iPad is bug free; so the blame has to fall on a corrupted download.

No insult, but as my job is in big part hunting for bugs in software, it made me laugh. There is no such a thing as bug free software, and it is at least very adventurous to pretend the contrary.

No insult taken, phoecean, but as I specifically said, "as far as I know the current version of Botanicula for the iPad is bug free".  If you want to debate my assumption with someone that has both the authority and ability to modify the current version of Botanicula for iPad that resides on the iStore archive then you are welcome to take the matter up directly with the Amanita Design support staff via the About tab.

phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:53 pm »

I just did that. I will update this thread if I get any news.

And thank you a lot for your help !
phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 07:06:57 pm »

UPDATE:

Since I contacted the support, no answer: not nice :-(

Meanwhile, I uninstalled and re-installed Botanicula.

Before, I managed to backup the save file (using a tool like IExplorer), named BotaniculaIOS.sol.
I copied it back to the re-installed game and I am still stuck.

So:

- it definitely has nothing to do with a corrupted game archive
 - it may be a corrupted backup file (I am still looking for a working Flash Local Shared Object viewer to check the content)
 - it may be a logic bug in the game
phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 12:10:45 pm »

I did not get any feedback from the support, though I even gave them the backup file so that they can check.
It seems there is simply no support and they just don't give it a shit.

They got the money and it is selling pretty well after all, so why caring about quality and border cases ?
I hate that spirit. I believe I won't buy anything from Amanita anymore.
RobotJosefo
captain robot

Instagram: @urbe.x

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 11:32:22 am »

Well, they are probably a bit busy with the production of Samorost 3 and your'e probably the one of many who've stumbled upon a bug in the game.

I can't really understand why you won't purchase any more of Amanita's games, even after all this trouble. Their games are high quality, and are very good.

There's my take on this.  Undecided Hope it somewhat helps.
phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

I can't really understand why you won't purchase any more of Amanita's games, even after all this trouble. Their games are high quality, and are very good.

Because it sucks to be blocked in the middle in a game (Botanicula). Because it sucks to loose all saves (Machinarium).
What quality are you talking about ? Gameplay and graphism, yes. Stability and reliability, no.
A bug is no entertainment. It was many years ago the last time I encountered such issues, when the computer era was totally different (Atari).
In 2014 it should not occur and at least it should be treated appropriately.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 09:32:22 pm »

Yeah, I agree it's frustrating to lose your saves (and I'm assuming you're talking about losing games on your Mac or PC and not your iPad), but I'd only lost my saves for Machinarium once after clearing Safari's cache. As I'd mentioned before in another thread, saving issues just seem par for the course with Flash games, IMO.
As for this particular bug in the iPad version of Botanicula, it seems like your best course of action would be to reinstall the game...as that worked for Yanez above...but I realize having to play through the game again is a pain.
phocean
citizen robot

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 10:39:59 pm »

and I'm assuming you're talking about losing games on your Mac or PC and not your iPad

It did happen on my iPad too. As I played both games successively, I got those bugs in a short period of time. Making my frustration even bigger... :-(
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: