Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:01:33 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  (Read 447716 times)
Fozzy78
little rusty robot

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2012, 06:37:39 am »

I have just completed the game and like most people was totally blown away by it ! Such a beautiful game !  Totally ground breaking ! Everyone involved in creating this game should be truly proud of their achievement !

BUT.........

We need a sequal !  We can't leave it their ! The three bullies have to escape and plot their revenge !!

Please give a yes if you are desperate for a sequal to be made of this truly epic game !!!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2012, 07:22:01 am »

Quote from: Fozzy78

We need a sequal !  We can't leave it their ! The three bullies have to escape and plot their revenge !!

I vote SEQUEL!  "Machinarium 2: The Further Abuse and Shaming Of The Bullies"   Grin

...but, before that, I HAVE to see Samorost 3!   Wink

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:14:39 pm by Alex » Logged
vanilka
citizen robot

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2012, 10:54:00 am »

It is funny how people demand machinarium sequel when samorost 3 is in work.... because I remember people were demanding samorost sequel before machinarium came out.

Personally, I would prefer machinarium over samorost for the simple reason that botanicula was a bit like samorost 1. Admittedly the graphics are different, but the atmosphere was similar and.... well both was about nature and tree life.

I do think however that we will get machinarium 2 eventually, because the ending was left purposely open and that means the creators were thinking of a continuation. We just have to be patient.
chewynouget
little robot

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2012, 04:41:47 am »

I'd love to see a sequel, but there are a few problems.

I'd say that the problem is, We all loved the first game, but a lot of the time taking it to a sequel can spoil it for some people. Also, where would the story go? We all fell in love with Josef, The adorable little robot who loves his girlfriend, but is treated horribly by pretty much everyone. Where would he go/do next? I LOVE Machinarium, But I don't want any story to change. Amanita are masters of story telling (With no words!) and they've created a masterpiece, and I don't want that ruined.
I had a conversation with someone on youtube, were they said they said they wanted to see Portal 3. Here's roughly how it went:

The Guy:"i want portal 3 NOW"
Me:"But what would happen? It doesn't seem like a good idea to me"
The Guy"na itll be great chell will wake up like portal 2 was a dream"

That, to me, sounds awful.

What I mean is I love Josef, I love him for who he is, and what he's done.I don't want my image of him to change in the sequel. Jakub, Vaclav, Adolf,David, If your reading this, I would LOVE to see a sequel, But PLEASE spend as much of the time on the character connection.
Amanita, You guys are amazing Cheesy please keep up the great work! Cheesy

Can I just splurge for a sec?, *Warning all caps* I LOVE YOU AMANITA. Your art and storytelling is AMAZING. I loved Machinarium, Loved Botanicula (YOU MADE ME LOVE A TWIG) Just Thank you, so much.
chewynouget
little robot

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2012, 04:50:00 am »

Can I just say, If you have an idea for the sequel, make it small, then smaller.
Make your idea as simple as:
Josef
Distopia
Motivation (E.g love interest)
bad guy.
DO NOT MAKE IT ABOUT WAR.IT IS A POINT N CLICK, A CHILD FRIENDLY POINT N CLICK.
Sorry for Caps. I felt like I was shouting and that was the only way I'd be heard.  Embarrassed
Euphorbium
little rusty robot

« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »

Machinarium is a wonderful game, superb! Such a beautiful idea and implementation, best 2D graphics ever! I really fell in love with this city and this planet. It's like it was in my mind very long and now i found it. Every detail is really splendid.

Of course, I want a sequel very much, but only if it can be made like a new game, like nothing was before it (i speak about the relation of developers to the game, not about the plot) and not like "the game was successful so we must do a sequel no matter what quality it will have".
So, please, make a sequel, make a super sequel!)
mas
little rusty robot

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2012, 08:07:37 pm »

I would love to play Machinarium 2, but I think it's time for you guys to grow. I was thinking why not make the next Machinarium in 3d? It can be just as beautiful as 2d but better, and think of all the design possibilities. Look at Allods Online for example, on [ screens ] it feels as though the game is made in 2d - it's so neat! The future of 3d gaming on portable devices such as smartphones and tablets is where you can truly shine. Well it's up to you if you feel ready to advance to the next level, I will be grateful in any way Smiley
alloyedchild
little rusty robot

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2012, 05:22:11 pm »

Hands down Machinarium is the best game I have ever played.  Even my mom who only plays tetris was immediately hooked on this game; that should tell you something.  PLEASE make a Machinarium 2!  I have played all of your games and have watched all of your videos and Machinarium, in my opinion, is your best work.  If you made a Machinarium 2 and even made it disk only I wouldn't think twice about spending $60 on this game.  Don't try to always make something new because there will always be disappointment (for example, I was hoping Botanicula would have made me feel the same as Machinarium did, but sadly it did not).  My point is: look at other companies that stick with what is successful-for example Halo.  Very popular game.  Then they expanded it to a Halo 2, 3 and so forth.  Each time the game got more and more popular and made them more and more money.  It just makes sense.  Please make a Machinarium 2 and if possible make it a little longer.  Even without using any hints, machinarium still ended too soon.
PokéManiac2471
citizen robot

'.'

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2012, 06:50:52 pm »

I think you should have Floex to do the Machinarium 2 soundtrack! Machinarium is my favourite game of all time, the soundtrack is a big reason... BUT let's not forget Samarost 3 people!   Cheesy
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2012, 02:43:35 am »

I'll always be looking forward to seeing more games, especially sequels to Machinarium and Botanicula, and other works like Kooky from Amanita, as long as I live. Tongue

Love you guys.

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
JLN
little robot

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:50 am »

Si comme moi vous attendez Machinarium 2 avec impatience et que vous avez déjà joué des dizaines de fois au premier opus, donnez votre avis et encouragez les développeurs...

English translation:
If like me you wait impatiently Machinarium 2 and you've played dozens of times in the first game, give your opinion and encourage developers...

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:16:00 am by Alex » Logged
mikkenzi
little rusty robot

« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2013, 07:03:54 pm »

Hey, guys!
By all means, make Machinarium 2 Smiley At home my husband and I, we spent several evenings playing the game after work! Had such fun with it and did feel it ended too soon.
I'm sue you'll find a great sequel for the story if you remain true to your work. You are great artists!
Anyway, I do not have any expectations about a sequel. I'd take anything from a "How Josef saved the ship from pirates" to "Josef and Girlfriend going back home" adventures.
I'd love to hear more great music and see some robotic jazz musicians again Smiley Would be interesting to have other robotic creatures! I loved the police men and the barmaid, and the old man in the wheelchair! More of those secondary characters would be really great. Some people are saying that you need to spend time on Josef's character development but I find you spent as much time on the characters of the other guys, so stick to that Smiley))
Anyway, whatever you decide, I'm looking forward to buying (and not pirating!) the game and also looking forward to Samarost 3 Smiley
I have a cute plush Josef to keep me company meanwhile Smiley
hqmhqm
little robot

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2013, 03:32:34 am »

Yes, please Machinarium 2. We will pre-order it, if you make it available.
Martijn
little robot

« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2013, 03:08:58 pm »

I want a Machinarium 2 Cheesy.
Lætycia
little rusty robot

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2013, 03:25:11 pm »

(Forgive my eventual English mistakes, that is not my native language)

Hello Amanita,

I have created my account here specially to make this post. Even if I am currently very ill and it is hard for me. Because it is very important to make Machinarium 2!

This video game is my favorite, in all categories ever. And I have played all your works, and this one is your best for me, it is perfect!

In addition to the qualities of almost all your games (The "lost places" ambience, almost no word used, etc.), this game is particularly languorous, poetic, tender. A unique result:

• Pencil drawings only: Absolutely terrific, it create a real soul of the game. There are real sensory feelings.
  • Awesome music (I am listening the OST while writing now): strange but not too disturbing, soft sounds, really making our head in the cloud, with a few good jazzy tones which bring sweet touch of warmth.
  • The fact that it is about these robots accentuate the "thing": not the "cute cutest" outside, their rough appearances make them even more tender inside.
  • Every of these points really suits each other. Great general consistency.
  • Difficulty is really well-balanced.
  • Etc.

You have to make Machinarium 2. For mankind. Grin Yes, pre-orders, all you want! But do it!!! Besides, the screenplay sequel is easy to imagine, horizons are not closed. Please, let us travel again in this really touching world!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: