Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:17:58 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So might this game come to the Playbook?  (Read 13613 times)
Venichie
little robot

« on: August 09, 2011, 07:03:31 pm »

So I happened to see this game demoed before release of the Playbook, and heared news of development for QNX. I guess you can say I'm curious if it was just a rumor.
 I'm able to go on the web for free using BB Bridge, and actually play this game on the web! Only thing, it's only a demo... I didn't want to pay for it, cause I wasn't sure if the paid version was compatible.
 Anyone here have any real insight on these questions?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:06:43 pm »

Quote from: Venichie

I'm able to go on the web for free using BB Bridge, and actually play this game on the web! Only thing, it's only a demo... I didn't want to pay for it, cause I wasn't sure if the paid version was compatible.

Only the demo is playable on-line.  The full game must be downloaded and played from your HD.

Venichie
little robot

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:09:23 am »

Yes I understand it's only a demo... but my question was answered. I'm curious to know if anyone here knows when might this game be coming to these tablets?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfhaZxnED4
 Now if you stop this video at 0:14, you can clearly see this game being an app for the Playbook. I'd really like to by this game, but I wanna take it on the go. Do the game developers or any company related, ever post/reply here?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:02:06 am »

Do the game developers or any company related, ever post/reply here?

Sometimes.
Venichie
little robot

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:26:59 am »

Well the games finally out, and yes I'm pretty much a happy camper.  Smiley

... but!?  Tongue I have some issues with it, and don't want to discuss it in a rating in the App World.
 Anyways, on the 4th puzzle stage, this fat robber looking robot appears. Then you have to do something with a control box, for a crane mechanism. Although once you stop using that control box, the/a clicking noise repeatidly goes off, everytime you have to go back to it. Playing loops over and over again. Finding myself clueless on that stage, and then leaving the game because of that rumpuss.  Cry

I haven't passed that spot yet, but that's the only issue I have that needs attention.
 On the other hand. If I could help develop or suggest something about this game and OS. I'd suggest (wish) you guys could hide the toolbar (with the; save, load, collectable items), and put it where QNX's top app finger gesture is. Which in some apps, you could swipe down from the top of the bezel. Giving you a more native OS feel, and room for screen play.
 Last thing I'll ask... besides speeding and saving memory, why did you guys cut some of the scene from the intro? Like I said I haven't got that far into the game, but makes me feel I'll notice other missing items.  Undecided

Anyways, I've said alot already. I hope someone like before can address my concerns, or gets back to me. Also, I really enjoy the game, which is why I support and give my feedback!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:42:51 pm »

on the 4th puzzle stage...
Finding myself clueless on that stage, and then leaving the game because of that rumpuss.  Cry

A couple of users have recently written in to say they were having troubles with the same level ( we've started calling it "The Furnace Room" ).
Here's the most recent thread about that level:  "Is this a bug HuhHuh [crossed wires in The Furnace Room]"

See if that helps you along.  If not, let us know.

Venichie
little robot

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 05:52:40 pm »

Just wanted to note that with the new OS update today with the Playbook, I haven't seen the lag or sound loops as before!
 So no problems here anymore, atleast for now. Although if I still wish you guys had hidden the toolbar, and implanted it with QNX's top bezel (app) finger gesture.

Anyways, GREAT WORK!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: